GAD provides several popular bespoke training courses for organisations on disability issues delivered in your venue or at our offices in the heart of Greenwich with easy bus, train and DLR links across London.
Our most popular courses are outlined below and can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. All of our trainers are deaf or disabled and have extensive training experience across a wide range of sectors.
All participants recieve a Certificate of Attendance and information pack.
Disablity Awareness Training
This popular one day course covers:
- Key principles of Equality and Diversity
- Overview of relevant disability legislation including Equality Act 2010
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Positive action
- Using assistive techology (ramps, loop systems)
- Public sector duties
- Challenging prejudice and sterotypes
- Delivering inclusive services
- When things go wrong: dealing with conflicts